Construction & Infrastructure, Financial Services, Chemistry & Life Sciences, Technology & Software, Consumer Products, Entertainment, Media & Sports, Investment & Securities, Manufacturing
Clara is a Senior Project Manager with Kilpatrick Townsend's LitSmart® E-Discovery Team. With more than 15 years of experience in project management, she provides guidance to attorneys and clients on all phases of the EDRM, project planning, budgeting, and e-discovery technology. Clara has served as a technical expert in a significant number of large, highly sensitive e-discovery matters. In addition, she has conducted dozens of data collections, both onsite and remote, and frequently assists clients with data mapping and preservation strategies. She is an expert on numerous software platforms including Relativity, the industry-leading e-discovery management system used in-house at Kilpatrick Townsend, IPro, West Case Notebook, Concordance, and Summation. She is often engaged to consult on the employment of Early Case Assessment, analytics, and predictive coding technology as a way to create more efficient, streamlined document reviews. Clara is also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and develops protocols and departmental standards to ensure e-discovery is conducted in a consistent and defensible manner.
Clara is a thought leader in the use of technology assisted review and is working closely with Duke University as a member of the EDRM Technology Assisted Review (TAR) Project Team to develop best practices. Prior to joining Kilpatrick Townsend, Clara held senior project management positions at two international law firms located in the New York City metro area.
Clara is a native of Peru and fluent in Spanish.
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- Three Hot Topics in E-Discovery – 2016 Paralegal Conference, September 2016
- Creative Ways to Use Relativity, Relativity Fest, October 2016
- Three Hot Topics in E-Discovery – 2017 IP Institute for Paralegals, April 2017
Professional Certifications & Activities
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), Member
- Charlotte Chapter of Women in E-Discovery (WiE), Member
- Piedmont Triad Chapter of the Project Management Institute, Director of Education and Professional Development
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Member
- Winston-Salem Volunteer Council, Kilpatrick Townsend, Member
- Caldwell College, B.A., Social Studies, cum laude (1998)
- Passaic County Community College, A.A.S., Computer Information Systems, with honors (1996)