In his role as Director of the LitSmart® E-Discovery Team, Joe assists with the establishment and implementation of LitSmart’s strategic goals and visions. Joe provides technical guidance to attorneys and clients on all phases of the EDRM and leads e-discovery budgeting, forecasting, and technology initiatives. He has experience with every major e-discovery technology in the market and ensures the employment of the industry’s best-of-breed technology. He assisted in developing the team’s award-winning proprietary dashboard reporting system, which enables LitSmart to provide real-time status and budgeting updates to case teams and clients. In addition, Joe is regularly engaged to assist with the most complicated and highly sensitive litigation matters in order to ensure that e-discovery is handled in an efficient, cost-effective, and defensible manner.
Joe was previously the E-Discovery and Litigation Support Manager for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia where he assisted with a significant number of high profile criminal prosecutions, including several death penalty prosecutions and the 1996 “Olympic Bomber” prosecution. Joe is also a frequent speaker at various bar and professional association meetings on e-discovery and litigation support.
Professional & Community Activities
- Relativity User Group (Atlanta), Member
- Wheeler High School Mentorship Program, Mentor
- Brooks Institute of Photography, College of Photographic Arts, B.S., Advertising/Industrial Photography
- Leadership Training, United States District Attorney's Graduate School
- 360 Degree Leadership Training, National Advocacy Center
- Certified Trainer, National Advocacy Center