E-Discovery, Complex Commercial Litigation, Corporate Monitorships, Government & Regulatory, Litigation, White Collar Crime & Internal Investigations
Financial Services, Retail & Consumer Goods, Technology & Software
Aaron Gallardo is a Senior E-Discovery Attorney with Kilpatrick Townsend’s LitSmart® E-Discovery Team. With significant experience in conducting internal investigations and audits for companies, as well as white collar criminal defense, Aaron brings unique expertise to the LitSmart® team. His experience also includes compliance training for company board members and employees.
Aaron has conducted numerous document reviews across a variety of practice areas, including government enforcement and investigations, and has experience managing review teams, developing review protocols, and conducting high level QC and privilege review. Aaron has an instinctive interest in and understanding of technology, which enables him to take on some of the team’s more technical reviews. In addition, Aaron manages arbitrations for telecommunications clients, with responsibilities that include assessing the validity and value of claims, working to resolve claims prior to arbitration, and litigating demands through the arbitration process.
Aaron has dedicated extensive time to pro bono legal representation, working on behalf of immigrants, personal injury claimants, and individuals accused of violating election laws. He has citizenship with the United States and Mexico, and he is also a permanent resident of Argentina.
Aaron is fluent in Spanish.
Publications, Articles & Presentations
- "New Federal Cybersecurity Guidelines – How Does Your Organization Stack Up?," KT LitSmart Blog, June 2021
- “Atlanta Lawyers Complete Three-Year Project Monitoring Volkswagen's Rehab From Emissions Scandal,” Daily Report, September 16, 2020
- “Former U.S. Deputy Attorney General Larry D. Thompson and Team Complete Monitorship in Volkswagen AG Emissions Proceedings,” September 14, 2020
- “Kilpatrick Townsend Expands Government Enforcement and Investigations Team in Atlanta,” January 10, 2018
Professional & Community Activities
- Georgia Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., Dean's List, Scholar of Merit, Caruthers Fellow (2012)
- Auburn University, B.S., Business Administration, emphasis in Hospitality, Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society, National Society of Collegiate Scholars (2007)
- Georgia (2012)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Member of an independent compliance monitor and auditor team for a Fortune 10 auto manufacturer that oversaw the company’s compliance with Plea Agreement and Consent Decree obligations arising from parallel criminal and civil cases involving fraud and environmental violations.
- Conducted an internal investigation into alleged FCPA issues, conflict of interest and code of conduct violations in Mexico for a public company.
- Conducted an internal FCPA investigation for a public company relating to conduct in Argentina. The investigation included reviewing materials in Spanish and conducting interviews of Argentine and Chilean employees in both Spanish and English. The investigation’s findings were favorable to the client.
- Performed an internal investigation in India concerning potential crimes and advised the public company’s Audit Committee on next steps and remedial measures.
- Performed an anticorruption audit in Mexico that included reviewing documents in Spanish and interviewing employees in both Spanish and English.